On July 6, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada launched a new online permanent residence application portal. The Centralized Intake Office (CIO) enables applicants to apply for select economic permanent resident programs and submit their applications online. Now, such applications can be submitted online or on paper to the CIO in Sydney. New instructions apply to Non-Express Entry applications and provide guidance on reviewing applications for completeness and putting them into the process. The CIO receives both paper-based and online applications submitted under the PNP, the start-up business class, the self-employed persons class, the AIPP, the RNIP, and the AFIP.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory