On July 6, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada launched a new online permanent residence application portal. The Centralized Intake Office (CIO) enables applicants to apply for select economic permanent resident programs and submit their applications online. Now, such applications can be submitted online or on paper to the CIO in Sydney. New instructions apply to Non-Express Entry applications and provide guidance on reviewing applications for completeness and putting them into the process. The CIO receives both paper-based and online applications submitted under the PNP, the start-up business class, the self-employed persons class, the AIPP, the RNIP, and the AFIP.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122