On April 27, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), advised study permit applicants to submit their study permit applications by May 15, 2021, should they plan to begin their study programs in the fall term. IRCC promises to process such applications by August 6, 2021. If the student submits the application after May 15, 2021, the Immigration Department will try to make a decision as soon as possible, however, it does not guarantee the decision to be issued before the study begins.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy