On April 20, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) provided an update for the instruction to the officers assessing applications to transfer them to the Domestic Network’s Centre of Expertise in Security Cases if an application has passed eligibility assessment, while raises admissibility concerns under sections 34 (security grounds), 35 (human or international rights violations) and 37 (organized criminality) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). IRCC has accordingly updated respective sections in the instructions for family class applications, Humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) consideration, healthcare workers permanent residence pathway, out-of-status construction workers in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), and Temporary resident permits.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech