On April 20, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) provided an update for the instruction to the officers assessing applications to transfer them to the Domestic Network’s Centre of Expertise in Security Cases if an application has passed eligibility assessment, while raises admissibility concerns under sections 34 (security grounds), 35 (human or international rights violations) and 37 (organized criminality) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). IRCC has accordingly updated respective sections in the instructions for family class applications, Humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) consideration, healthcare workers permanent residence pathway, out-of-status construction workers in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), and Temporary resident permits.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy