On August 19, 2022, the Government of Canada updated the number of Ukrainian newcomers arriving in Canada under the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET). According to the latest update, between January 1 and August 14, 2022, 11,817 Ukrainians arrived in Canada by land, and an additional 62,772 arrived by air. Between March 17 and August 17, 2022, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) received 495,929 applications under the CUAET. The applications of 204,793 Ukrainian nationals have been approved so far.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs