Marco Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC), has emphasized the need to modernize Canada’s immigration system so that future public health crises don’t threaten the economy the way COVID-19 did. He also highlighted the contributions of immigrants into the country and for the Canadian economy, and the need for transformation and modernization of the system, so that it can accommodate the great demands that are placed on it. According to the Minister, the new system will be a “shift in the paradigm in the way we talk about immigration,” that will get rid of discriminatory practices like “ranking immigrants one against the other”.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory