Foreign nationals who applied to immigrate to Canada have to file access to information requests to know the status of their application or the reason for denial. To see that information, applicants must file an access to information request (ATIP). According to a new report by the Information Commissioner, IRCC experienced a 670 percent increase in complaints to the commissioner’s office in 2019 and 2020. The GCMS modernization announced in Budget 2021 is considered to make this possible through an expanded MyAccount portal with increased functionality to both improve applicant service and reduce ATIP requests.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs