Foreign nationals who applied to immigrate to Canada have to file access to information requests to know the status of their application or the reason for denial. To see that information, applicants must file an access to information request (ATIP). According to a new report by the Information Commissioner, IRCC experienced a 670 percent increase in complaints to the commissioner’s office in 2019 and 2020. The GCMS modernization announced in Budget 2021 is considered to make this possible through an expanded MyAccount portal with increased functionality to both improve applicant service and reduce ATIP requests.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights