On December 3, 2021, Statistics Canada revealed a new Labour Force Survey that indicated the labour market conditions during the week of November 7 to 13. In November, hiring was predominantly driven by the private sector both for full-time and part-time positions. However, Canada’s hospitality, retail, and health care sectors still experienced severe labour shortages. With additional 154,000 jobs in the economy, job growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions of 38,000. In addition, in the second week of November, unemployment dropped to 6%.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members