On May 25, 2021, Manitoba conducted a new draw in the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP). In round #116, MPNP issued 166 Letters of Advice to Apply (LAA) in the Skilled Workers in Manitoba stream. The minimum score to get the LAA in this category was 415 points, 15 points more compared to draw #115. In the Skilled Workers Overseas stream, Manitoba issued 46 LAAs. The lowest score in the SWO category was 703 points, the same as it was in the previous round. Manitoba also invited 20 candidates in the International Education Category. In total, Manitoba issued LAAs to 335 candidates, including 20 Express Entry candidates. MPNP has invited 3,018 candidates in 2021 and 596 of them in the Express Entry.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy