On July 9, 2021, Manitoba conducted a new draw in the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP). In round #121, MPNP issued 201 Letters of Advice to Apply (LAA) in the Skilled Workers in Manitoba stream. The minimum score to get the LAA in this category was 445 points, 15 points more compared to draw #119. In the Skilled Workers Overseas stream, Manitoba issued 53 LAAs. The lowest score in the SWO category was 703 points, 138 points more than in the previous round. Manitoba also invited 23 candidates in the International Education Category. In total, Manitoba issued LAAs to 277 candidates, including 48 Express Entry candidates. MPNP has invited 4,999 candidates in 2021 and 2088 of them in the Express Entry.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122