On April 29, 2021, the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) published new nomination issuance statistics. In February, the province nominated 1 skilled worker, 4 business candidates, and approved 4 business concepts. In March, MPNP nominated 108 skilled workers and approved 2 business concepts. Manitoba also refused 3 profiles of skilled workers in February and 1 in March. MPNP invited 503 skilled workers, 1 business candidate and approved 1 business concept in February, while in March it sent LAAs to 634 skilled workers, 2 business candidates, and approved 6 business concepts. MPNP received 424 applications from skilled workers and 4 applications from business candidates in February and 565 applications from skilled workers and 5 applications from business candidates in March. In total, MPNP nominated 363 foreign nationals, including 19 nominees from Express Entry in 2021.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy