On September 9, 2021, the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) published new nomination issuance statistics. In August 2021, the province nominated 516 skilled workers. In August, there were no approved business concepts, however, the province refused one application of skilled workers and a business concept. MPNP invited 275 skilled workers, 3 business concepts and sent LAAs to 7 business candidates. This month, Manitoba received 1,142 applications from skilled workers and 2 applications from business candidates. Currently, the province is assessing 416 applications, and the other 949 applications are pending assessment. Additionally, Manitoba nominated 203 Express Entry candidates. Last year, MPNP nominated 5,656 foreign nationals, including 605 nominees from Express Entry.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province