On May 12, 2021, the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) published new nomination issuance statistics. In April 2021, the province nominated 734 skilled workers and approved 4 business concepts. Manitoba also refused 1 profile of skilled workers. MPNP invited 1,009 skilled workers, 7 business concepts and sent LAAs to 2 business candidates. In April, MPNP received 469 applications from skilled workers and 3 applications from business candidates. Currently, the province is assessing 694 applications, and the other 481 applications are pending assessment. Additionally, Manitoba nominated 14 Express Entry candidates. In total, MPNP nominated 1097 foreign nationals, including 33 nominees from Express Entry in 2021.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights