Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, Marco Mendicino considered the Start-up Visa as a key to Canada’s economic recovery. Mendicino sent a clear message that after the pandemic, ‘with the startup visa program, Canada is open for business.’ The Minister also noted the role of international students in the program as many international students invest in Canada and become small business owners. In 2013, Canada started the Start-up Visa Program as a pilot project. Since 2018 the startup visa has been a permanent part of Canada’s immigration.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy