On May 17, 2021, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Marco Mendicino marked Citizenship Week and mentioned achievements reached by Canada. The Minister also highlighted the contributions of immigrants to their communities as well as the Canadian economy. He encouraged all Canadians to reflect on what it means to be Canadian, and take the time to find ways to be in their communities, and help welcome new Canadians. The Minister also thanked front-line workers, entrepreneurs, community leaders, and all Canadians who have worked tirelessly to help Canada throughout the pandemic.
- Statistics Canada: The national economy is growing
- Canada updated qualifying work experience section for Canadian Experience Class
- Alberta published a new AINP nomination statistics
- Canada keeps restricting travel measures
- Chinese woman’s father with hepatitis was refused immigration through family reunification
- At least five Indian students die every month in Canada