On May 17, 2021, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Marco Mendicino marked Citizenship Week and mentioned achievements reached by Canada. The Minister also highlighted the contributions of immigrants to their communities as well as the Canadian economy. He encouraged all Canadians to reflect on what it means to be Canadian, and take the time to find ways to be in their communities, and help welcome new Canadians. The Minister also thanked front-line workers, entrepreneurs, community leaders, and all Canadians who have worked tirelessly to help Canada throughout the pandemic.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights