On May 17, 2021, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Marco Mendicino marked Citizenship Week and mentioned achievements reached by Canada. The Minister also highlighted the contributions of immigrants to their communities as well as the Canadian economy. He encouraged all Canadians to reflect on what it means to be Canadian, and take the time to find ways to be in their communities, and help welcome new Canadians. The Minister also thanked front-line workers, entrepreneurs, community leaders, and all Canadians who have worked tirelessly to help Canada throughout the pandemic.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs