On July 28, 2021, the Forum of Ministers Responsible for Immigration (FMRI) have a virtual meeting to discuss the future of immigration in Canada. The focus of the discussion was long-term planning for a more responsive and collaborative immigration system. To support Canada’s economic recovery in the upcoming months, the FMRI will try to reduce processing times by improving the ways economic immigrants are selected and their application process, as well as enhance collaboration on temporary resident policies, programs, and pathways to permanent residency.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory