On August 5, 2022, the Government of Canada made a new update regarding the Afghan refugees arriving in the country. According to the last update, Canada has accepted 120 more Afghan refugees since July 29, 2022. As of now, Canada has welcomed a total of 17,170 Afghan refugees. The Government of Canada aimed to bring at least 40,000 Afghan nationals to Canada through special programs for Afghan refugees, as well as via the special immigration program for Afghan nationals who assisted Canadian forces in Afghanistan.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs