On June 17, 2021, Manitoba conducted a new draw in the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP). In round #119, Manitoba invited 95 candidates in the Skilled Workers in Manitoba stream. The lowest score of those who received a Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA) was 430, 55 points more compared to draw #118. As for the Skilled Workers Overseas Stream, the province invited 24 individuals, and the lowest score to get the LAA was 703, the same as it was in the previous round. In addition, MPNP invited 22 candidates in the International Education Category. Of those 141 invited in this round, 10 candidates had valid Express Entry profiles. In 2021, Manitoba already invited 3,705 individuals under the MPNP, including 1,023 Express Entry candidates.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122