On May 6, 2021, Manitoba conducted a new draw in the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP). In round #115, Manitoba invited 108 candidates in the Skilled Workers in Manitoba stream. The lowest score of those who received a Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA) was 400, 40 points fewer compared to draw #114. As for the Skilled Workers Overseas Stream, the province invited 29 individuals, and the lowest score to get the LAA was 703, 18 points fewer than in the previous round. In addition, MPNP invited 13 candidates in the International Education Category. Of those 150 invited in this round, 14 candidates had valid Express Entry profiles. In 2021, Manitoba already invited 2,786 individuals under the MPNP, including 576 Express Entry candidates.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy