On December 2, 2021, Manitoba conducted a new draw in the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP). In round #131, Manitoba invited 358 candidates in the Skilled Workers in Manitoba stream. The lowest score of those who received a Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA) was 449, 15 points fewer compared to draw #130. As for the Skilled Workers Overseas Stream, the province invited 51 individuals, and the lowest score to get the LAA was 726, the same as it was in the previous round. In addition, MPNP invited 29 candidates in the International Education Category. Of those 438 invited in this round, 71 candidates had valid Express Entry profiles. In 2021, Manitoba already invited 10,218 individuals under the MPNP, including 3,934 Express Entry candidates.
- IRCC introduced new instructions for foreign workers with expiring PGWPs
- Canada’s tourism industry has bounced back to pre-pandemic levels
- British Columbia’s immigrant businessmen invested more than $21 million in the last year
- Nova Scotia relies on immigration to solve the healthcare labour shortage
- Canadian oil and gas companies increase monthly wages to attract more workers
- Canada welcomes record numbers of immigrants from Hong Kong