On May 11, 2021, Nova Scotia published the results of the first draw in 2021 in the International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) that occurred on May 3. The province issued only two invitations to candidates whose score was 44 points, 2 points more than in the previous round that was held on December 9, 2020. The International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream is intended for recent graduates of Nova Scotia’s educational institutions. Candidates must have already started or bought a business in the province and operated it for at least a year.
- Canada cannot keep Chinese international students in Canada
- Canada’s Senate adopted changes to Oath of Citizenship
- The government introduced special measures for residential camp counsellors
- Canada introduced guidance on abuse for vulnerable workers
- OINP nominated 5,159 foreign nationals in 2021
- Canada Border Services Agency needs to develop a new biometric strategy