On May 13, 2021, the government of Ontario published a new update on the issuance of nomination certificates within the framework of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). So far, Ontario nominated 4,009 candidates, 1,135 certificates of nomination more compared to the previous update on April 8. In 2020, Ontario invited 16,976 candidates and nominated 8,050 foreign nationals, including 7,249 spouses and dependent children.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights