On February 10, 2022, the province of Ontario released the next update on the issuance of nomination certificates under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). The Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development issued nominations to 496 foreign nationals, 283 nominations fewer than in the last update. In total, in 2022, Ontario issued 1,275 nominations. Last year, the province nominated 8,600 candidates to apply for permanent residence with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). So far, the Federal government has not announced the annual quota allocation under the Provincial Nominee Program.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs