On May 26, 2021, in the first general draw, the Government of Ontario issued 147 invitations to apply (ITA) through the Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). The minimum score in this draw was 73 points. In the second draw, the province issued 11 ITAs through the Regional Immigration Pilot. There was no minimum score published for this draw. To be eligible, candidates must have submitted profiles between April 28 and May 26, 2021. The Stream is open for foreign nationals, who have an eligible job offer in a skilled occupation at Skill Levels NOC 0, A or B from an employer in Ontario, and must have completed a program at a Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights