On September 14, 2021, Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) issued invitations to apply (ITAs) for the Master’s Graduate and Ph.D. Graduate streams. The province issued 627 ITAs to the eligible candidates under the Master’s Graduate Stream. The minimum score of this round was 35 points, 2 points fewer than in the previous draw. Ontario also invited 64 candidates under the Ph.D. Graduate Stream. The minimum score for this draw was 16, 1 point fewer than in the previous program-specific draw. In 2020, the province has not invited any candidates under these two streams. In 2019, OINP invited only 1,000 candidates of the Master’s Graduate Stream. In total, Ontario invited 1,355 candidates under the Master’s Graduate Stream, and 141 candidates under the Ph.D. Graduate stream in 2021.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province