On April 9, 2021, the government of Ontario posted an update about proposed amendments to the Ontario Regulation 422/17, related to the Entrepreneur Stream of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. According to the government, the proposed changes will allow the Entrepreneur Stream applicants to faster arrive at the province to launch their business. Ontario plans to introduce a permanent virtual interview option for the entrepreneurs. In addition, OINP will modify the frequency of monitoring the business activity. The proposed amendments are now posted for public consultation which will last until April 23, 2021. The Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development follows the previous plans of Ontario Premier to accelerate business immigration to Ontario.
- New Brunswick is seeking Data Scientists and Engineers
- Canada introduced program delivery update for healthcare workers permanent residence pathway
- British Columbia invited 68 persons under the Tech Pilot
- Manitoba conducted unexpected MPNP draw #117
- Canada updated the temporary public policy for out-of-status construction workers in the Greater Toronto Area
- Immigration Medical Examination requirements were updated for Express Entry