On April 9, 2021, the government of Ontario posted an update about proposed amendments to the Ontario Regulation 422/17, related to the Entrepreneur Stream of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. According to the government, the proposed changes will allow the Entrepreneur Stream applicants to faster arrive at the province to launch their business. Ontario plans to introduce a permanent virtual interview option for the entrepreneurs. In addition, OINP will modify the frequency of monitoring the business activity. The proposed amendments are now posted for public consultation which will last until April 23, 2021. The Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development follows the previous plans of Ontario Premier to accelerate business immigration to Ontario.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech