On July 8, 2021, the Ontario government posted a new update on the issuance of nomination certificates in the framework of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). So far, Ontario has issued nominations to 5,882 foreign nationals, 723 nominations more compared to the previous update on June 10. Last year, Ontario distributed invitations to 16,976 candidates and issued nominations to 8,050 main applicants, including 7,249 spouses and dependent children. In 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) allocated 8,350 spots to OINP, plus additional 250 nominations for temporary foreign workers in intermediate skilled occupations (NOC C).
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122