On October 14, 2021, the management of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) released a new update on the issuance of the provincial nomination certificates. In 2021, OINP has issued nominations to 7,849 applicants, 1,010 nominations more compared to the previous update on September 9. In 2020, Ontario invited 16,976 candidates and issued nominations to 8,050 main applicants, including 7,249 spouses and dependent children. The Federal government delegated 8,350 spots to OINP and extra 250 nominations for temporary foreign workers in intermediate skilled occupations (NOC C) for 2021 allocation.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province