On September 9, 2021, the province of Ontario released a new update on the issuance of nomination certificates under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). From January 1 to September 9, OINP has issued nominations to 6,839 foreign nationals, 428 nominations more compared to the previous update on August 12. Last year, the province invited 16,976 candidates and issued nominations to 8,050 main applicants, including 7,249 spouses and dependent children. In 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) allocated 8,350 spots to Ontario, as well as extra 250 nominations for temporary foreign workers in intermediate skilled occupations (NOC C).
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province