On September 6, 2022, the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development of Ontario proposed amendments to Ontario Regulation 422/17 (General) that impacted the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), bringing it in line with the new National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 system. The Ministry also proposed updates to language criteria for the Employer Job Offer Foreign Worker stream and education criteria for the Employer Job Offer International Student stream, changing the minimum amount for OINP’s administrative monetary penalties.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs