On April 13, 2021, the government of Ontario released a new update regarding the completeness check procedure under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). The OINP will return and refund incomplete applications received both in Express Entry-aligned streams (French-Speaking Skilled Worker, Skilled Trades, and Human Capital Priorities) and the new Expression of Interest streams (Ph.D. and Master Graduates and three Employer Job Offer streams). Applicants whose application will be returned will have to receive a new invitation from Ontario to apply for OINP. According to provincial authorities, this step will increase the quality of applications and improve processing times for all streams.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech