On April 13, 2021, the government of Ontario released a new update regarding the completeness check procedure under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). The OINP will return and refund incomplete applications received both in Express Entry-aligned streams (French-Speaking Skilled Worker, Skilled Trades, and Human Capital Priorities) and the new Expression of Interest streams (Ph.D. and Master Graduates and three Employer Job Offer streams). Applicants whose application will be returned will have to receive a new invitation from Ontario to apply for OINP. According to provincial authorities, this step will increase the quality of applications and improve processing times for all streams.
- Alberta invited 250 more candidates under the AINP
- The OINP issued 64 invitations in the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
- Canadian-American border may be opened by late summer
- Canada experiences a significant rise in the number of applications from Hong Kong
- Canada extended travel restrictions for flights from Pakistan and India
- IRCC issued 701 ITA under the International Experience Canada