The Federal opposition party sent an open letter to new Immigration Minister Sean Fraser with a request to improve the immigration system, including promptly addressing backlogged cases and paying attention to Afghan refugees and the situation in Hong Kong. MP Jenny Kwan hopes the Immigration Department can have more plans to turn temporary residents into permanent residents and legalize undocumented migrants who have been working in this country. Kwan also urged Fraser to increase the transparency of immigration applications and create an ombudsman position to review immigration policies and procedures.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province