On July 8, 2021, the Government of Canada updated public policy and made clarifications to the instructions to prevent students from being penalized if they worked more than 20 hours per week during an academic session in an essential service between March 18, 2020, and August 31, 2020. Students who have worked in a non-essential service can be penalized on future immigration applications such as a study permit extension or the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. In addition, students who are eligible only for on-campus work can work remotely for an employer located within the boundaries of the educational institution.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122