On September 7, 2021, the Government of Canada issued a temporary public policy allowing some temporary residents to apply for a work permit in Canada. All foreign nationals in Canada are able to apply for an employer-specific work permit under this public policy, however, only those who previously had a work permit in the last twelve months can request interim authorization to work. The original public policy came into effect on August 24, 2020, and is now, extended until February 28, 2022.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province