On December 16, 2021, the Government of Canada introduced a new program delivery update and exempted Ethiopian nationals whose Immigration and Refugee Board or previous pre-removal risk assessment (PRRA) decision was made between December 17th, 2020, and December 16th, 2021, from the 12-month bar. Those whose decision was made after December 16th, 2021, will still be subject to the 12-month bar. The Canada Border Services Agency will contact eligible Ethiopian nationals to advise them to apply for a PRRA before removing them from Canada.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members