On September 17, 2021, the Government of Canada extended the pilot program that exempts permanent residence applicants in the family class or the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class. The program had to expire on September 9, 2021, however, now, was extended until September 9, 2023. The results of an analysis of the pilot, as well as the impact of COVID-19 on the processing of applications, made the Government implement the subsequent public policy by extending the pilot.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province