On August 19, 2021, the Government of Canada introduced new instructions for applicants with no other means of support and humanitarian reasons. According to the update, the Government modernized the page about work permits for refugee claimants and International Mobility Program. In addition, special guidance on fees, medical exams, and work permit duration for applicants with humanitarian reasons, especially destitute students and temporary resident permit holders have been added to the policy. Every year, Canada issues work permits under section 206 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations to foreign nationals who are not able to support themselves without working.
- The lowest level of study and work permit approval rates in Islamabad
- Newfoundland and Labrador invited employers to meet labour demand through the new Atlantic Immigration Program
- British Columbia invited 91 candidates through the BCPNP Tech
- Alberta invited 250 candidates and updated the inventory
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Alberta
- Canada clarified travel restrictions for immigrants’ family members