On August 19, 2021, the Government of Canada introduced new instructions for applicants with no other means of support and humanitarian reasons. According to the update, the Government modernized the page about work permits for refugee claimants and International Mobility Program. In addition, special guidance on fees, medical exams, and work permit duration for applicants with humanitarian reasons, especially destitute students and temporary resident permit holders have been added to the policy. Every year, Canada issues work permits under section 206 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations to foreign nationals who are not able to support themselves without working.
- Everything international students need to know to prepare for their return trip to Canada
- Quebec conducted the second Arrima draw in a week
- Canada introduced special measures for Afghanistan
- Ontario invited 326 candidates under the Masters Graduate stream
- Canadian universities are again among the best
- Immigration modernization was discussed in a roundtable by the Public Policy Forum