As applicants cannot travel to Canada on expired documents, the Government of Canada will help those who are outside Canada with expired or expiring Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) who couldn’t travel to Canada due to travel restrictions related to COVID-19. As of June 21, 2021, applicants are exempt from travel restrictions, no matter what date COPR was issued. However, if applicants have an expired COPR, they are not able to travel to Canada until new documents are reissued. Applicants with a COPR and permanent resident visa that are valid until October 1, 2021, are expected to come to Canada before their documents expire.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory