As applicants cannot travel to Canada on expired documents, the Government of Canada will help those who are outside Canada with expired or expiring Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) who couldn’t travel to Canada due to travel restrictions related to COVID-19. As of June 21, 2021, applicants are exempt from travel restrictions, no matter what date COPR was issued. However, if applicants have an expired COPR, they are not able to travel to Canada until new documents are reissued. Applicants with a COPR and permanent resident visa that are valid until October 1, 2021, are expected to come to Canada before their documents expire.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122