On June 21, 2021, Canada lifted the travel ban for flights to Canada from Pakistan. Since April 22, 2021, all direct flights from India and Pakistan had been banned with the only exemption of cargo flights carrying vaccines and protective equipment. The travel ban for all direct commercial and private passenger flights to Canada from India has been extended until July 21, 2021. All passengers travelling Canada must use an indirect route and obtain a COVID-19 pre-departure test from a third country before entering Canada.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122