On July 26, 2021, the Government of Canada published a new public policy that exempts certain permanent residence (PR) applicants from the requirement that their sponsor meets all of the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations for the 2020 taxation year. A sponsor does not have to meet the minimum necessary income if they are sponsoring their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent children, or a person under the age of 18 whom the sponsor is willing to adopt in Canada.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory