On December 14, 2021, the Government of Canada released the Economic and Fiscal Update 2021, updating the government’s plan to finish the fight against COVID-19. According to the statement, the Government is planning to invest “$85 million to reduce backlogs in Canada’s immigration system, speed up the process of citizenship, reunite families, and welcome people who can help address Canada’s labour shortages.” The statement also mentioned the importance of immigrants, temporary foreign workers as well as international students in the Canadian economy.
- Ottawa released Economic and Fiscal Update 2021
- Canada still has a labour shortage despite the COVID-19 recovery
- British Columbia invited 243 candidates under the new draw of the BCPNP
- IRCC held a new PNP-targeted Express Entry draw #212
- Will Ontario be able to meet the ambitious goal to accept 100 immigrant entrepreneurs?
- IRCC released an update for Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot