On September 10, 2021, Statistics Canada published the results of the Labor Force Survey that analyzed labour market conditions during the week of August 15 to 21. Since many indoor locations, such as restaurants, recreation facilities, personal care services, retail stores, and entertainment venues, were generally open, for the first time since March 2020, employment rose by 90,000 (+0.5%) in August, the third consecutive monthly increase. In addition, the unemployment rate fell 0.4 percentage points to 7.1% and reached its pre-pandemic levels.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province