On February 18, 2022, the Government of Canada updated instructions regarding the designated learning institutions (DLIs). According to the new guidelines, transitional provisions from June 1, 2014, no longer apply and have been removed. As of now, study permits will be issued to only those applicants who have been accepted to an educational institution that is designated to host international students. The Government also provided links and instructions for identifying DLIs with clearer instructions. The new amendments will not affect the current COVID-19 measures in place.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs