On July 28, 2022, the Government of Canada updated the guidance for the multiple entry temporary resident visa (TRV) for parents and grandparents. According to the update, super visa holders’ each entry to Canada should be for a duration of up to 5 years. The super visa is a 10-year multiple-entry TRV that is open to eligible applicants for up to 10 years and has authorized stays of up to 5 years for each entry. The changes to the program came into force on July 4, 2022, and were made in compliance with the authority granted in subsection 15(4) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs