On November 19, 2021, the Government of Canada updated the list of post-graduation work permit-eligible (PGWP) programs and institutions. The new list includes Quebec’s institutions that offer programs of at least 900 hours leading to a diploma of vocational studies (DVS) as well as an attestation of vocational specializations (AVS). Since the province provides vocational and professional training programs at public secondary and post-secondary institutions, both of them allow students to get PGWP after successful graduation. Students’ eligibility for PGWP will be evaluated under the Canada–Quebec Memorandum of Understanding.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province