Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is going to create a new digital platform to improve the procession of immigration applications more quickly. According to the 2021 budget of the federal government, Canada will spend $428.9 million on the development of a platform that will replace the existing case management system. The new system will be launched in 2023 and will improve application processing and help to handle the increasing number of applications. This system will be a part of a wider change towards digital platforms across the department and the government.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights