On February 17, 2022, Prince Edward Island conducted a new invitation round in the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP). In the second round of the year, the province issued 117 invitations to apply to skilled workers in the Labour Impact and Express Entry streams. PEI also invited 6 candidates to the Business Work Permit Entrepreneurs stream. The lowest score for business candidates was 67 points, 5 points fewer than it was in the January draw. In 2021, Prince Edward Island issued 1,854 invitations, including 157 invitations to business candidates. This year, PEI invited 255 candidates. The next PEI PNP draw is scheduled for March 17, 2022.
- British Columbia invited up to 268 high-skilled candidates under the BCPNP
- Saskatchewan invited 1,146 skilled candidates under the SINP
- OINP invited 1,179 candidates in the Tech Draw under the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada held the largest Express Entry draw of 2022
- Quebec invited more than 1,000 candidates in the new Arrima draw
- Canada continues to protect temporary foreign workers