On January 20, 2022, Prince Edward Island conducted a new invitation round in the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP). In the first round of the year, the province issued 121 invitations to apply to skilled workers in the Labour Impact and Express Entry streams. PEI also invited 11 candidates to the Business Work Permit Entrepreneurs stream. The lowest score for business candidates was 72 points, 5 points more than it was in the November draw. In 2021, Prince Edward Island issued 1,854 invitations, including 157 invitations to business candidates. The next PEI PNP draw is scheduled for February 17, 2022.
- Canada continues to tackle the forced displacement issue in the Americas
- Thunder Bay issued 15 recommendations under the RNIP
- Job vacancies in Canada have hit a new peak
- Ottawa to ease vaccine requirements and make ArriveCan optional
- Canada to launch a new TR2PR program
- IRCC transitions to 100% digital applications for permanent residence programs