On June 17, 2021, Prince Edward Island (PEI) introduced the PEI Pass to facilitate travel to the Island. Starting June 27 Islanders and travellers will have to use the PEI Pass to accelerate entry to the province at the points of entry and to be exempt from self-isolation in PEI after travel within the Atlantic provinces. All Islanders, Atlantic Canadians, and visitors who have been residing in the region for a minimum of two weeks, and those who have received at least their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine can now apply online for travel to PEI. Canadians from outside the Atlantic region can apply for their PEI Pass in July.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122