On August 6, 2021, the Ministere de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Integration du Quebec (MIFI) announced three guidelines to promote the hiring of foreign temporary workers as a result of agreements made between Quebec and the Federal Government. The Government of Canada eased measures for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) that will be in effect until December 31, 2023. Starting the end of August, temporary foreign workers who hold a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate) will be able to apply to the federal government for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) which will allow workers to hold their job while waiting to obtain their permanent residence.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory