Employers in the Province of Quebec want Ottawa to allow businesses to hire twice as many temporary foreign workers (TFW) as they hire now. Quebec asked Ottawa to simplify the application process for low-skilled workers and loosen up the regulations to allow more TFWs to work in the province. According to the French-language daily newspaper La Presse, some parts of Quebec experience severe labour shortages that make many retail outlets to be closed on Sundays. If the Federal Government relaxes the legal limit on TFWs, the limit will be increased from 10% to 20%.
- Employment increased in Manitoba in July
- The Federal Court orders IRCC to pay compensation for 2 applicants
- Statistics Canada’s new study compares the hospitalization rates of immigrants and the Canadian-born population
- Canada invited 521 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #205
- British Columbia issued 464 invitations
- Alberta invited 396 candidates and updated the AINP inventory